User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nox4developper.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nox 4 developper: [Q] USB issue with Win7 -device unknown topic

[Q] USB issue with Win7 -device unknown topic






I apologize if this isn't the proper forum.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 (The non LTE version) with T-Mobile. I have used the KIES 3 software to backup my phone.
I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 (the M919 model) with T-Mobile.

First, I connected the phone to my Win7 64-bit Home Edition pc with the same Galaxy S3 USB cable. It charges, and I hear the "boo-beep" and Windows 7 says it's installing device software and then comes back and says "unknown device" installation failed. In Device Mangler, it shows up under USB controllers, for some reason as "unknown device".

Okay, so I reinstalled the Samsung USB drivers.
No go
I used the actual S4 cable that came with the phone.
No go.

I have done the debug USB mode. No go.
I have verified that the MTP protocol is used (vs. Camera) and that it's set to MTP+ADB

I've switched back and forth to camera vs. MTP
Windows seems to detect the USB signal in that it knows when it's plugged in and when it's not, but it seems to IMMEDIATELY (and I mean very very fast, like under 1 second) "find" it always as a USB controller -> Unknown Device

So, I've tried my laptop. windows 7 64-bit. Same thing.
I had a spare pc around, so I even reformatted the drive and put a fresh copy of windows 7 on it. Same thing.
I've manually installed the Samsung drivers (without KIES). Still no go.

So I guess my questions:
1) Is there some other method to verify USB port is working properly? (like can you connect it to something else and have it work)? I'm assuming it's good since not only does it charge, but it at least is attempted to connect with Windows 7
2) I've got 2 more cables ordered --official Samsung ones--just in case
3) Can you root and unroot a phone without USB? It seems they all require USB drivers, and ODIN to work. I ended up having to manually backup the S3 via GCloud or whatever to get my stuff transferred over.

Oh, I also have an SD card in the phone.
Yes, I tried unmount it, and even removing it, rebooting, etc. Still no go.

I am trying to find an XP machine to see if that works any better.
thank you.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire