User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nox4developper.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nox 4 developper: [Q] Xperia J - locked and failing to boot - recover data? topic

[Q] Xperia J - locked and failing to boot - recover data? topic






Hi folks,
I'm trying to recover data from a Xperia J (ST26i - 11.2.A.0.21) which suddenly started to hang on boot at the boot splash.

The phone is locked, so I cannot access fastboot, let alone adb, to get access to the internal filesystem. I believe all I can work with is flashmode (please correct me if I'm wrong). Phone has no recovery mode. So I fear I need to reflash the device.

I've read through these forums and tried several things with no success:
1. starting simple, I tried the PC Companion tool - it was unable to detect the device while it was (a) stuck at boot splash animation and (b) in flashmode (powered up while holding Vol down, end up with greed led lit). No good
2. Tried the Sony Emma tool, to see if it could talk with the device. It detected the device, could read data from it (model, IEMI and other serial numbers) but refused to allow me to interact with the files on the device because the bootloader is locked.
3. Ok, maybe I can unlock the bootloader? Nope, as the unlock steps require access to fastboot, which I can only turn on by being able to boot the device and enable developer mode. No go.
4. So leaves me with flashing the device. Maybe some other software on the phone got corrupted? I downloaded copy of JB firmware via [1], got the amazing flashtool, and managed to flash the device - but not touching the userdata partition/file. This succeeded, but still the device fails to boot beyond the xperia splash animation.

I'm out of ideas really. If I could somehow install clockwork mod recovery, just so I could get adb access to the filesystem, that would be enough for me to continue. But I don't see any way to achieve that. What have I missed?

Thanks in advance
-G


[1] http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...9#post44115119






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire