User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nox4developper.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nox 4 developper: [Q] DROID 2 will not boot... really have tried everything... topic

[Q] DROID 2 will not boot... really have tried everything... topic






Hello, all. I am new and am here for one reason today.

Recently, my dad got a new phone and said that I could mess around with his old Droid 2. I decided to root and try and install CM9 on it to get Android 4. That failed, and I was stuck with a bricked phone.

Basically, I was able to successfully root it, but when it came to install CM and its package of Google apps, the phone would not boot past the "M" logo. Here is the site I used mainly to guide me... (website prevents me from posting this link but I will soon update)

Maybe this site is what led me wrong. The downloads of CM9, the Recovery Bootstrap thingy, and the Google apps came from separate sites each... I think maybe they may've been incompatible with each other.

I did what was logical. I removed the battery, tried to power it on again, maybe even somehow boot into ClockworkMod recovery and not have to start over. Sadly this did not work.

Then, I decided to do a bit of research... I then tried to wipe the phone and reboot. Fail.

I finally came across this video which I resorted to... (website prevents me from posting this link but I will soon update)

I would have to unbrick it... a long tedious process, then start from square one... with not guarantee that it'll even work again.

Through this video, I ran into my final problem... it seems my phone won't even load the Bootloader! Every single time I try, it says "Battery Low...Cannot program". It seems there may be a problem with the battery, SINCE I'VE BEEN CHARGING IT FOR 12 HOURS! My theory about this is that it is trying to load CM from my previous attempt, but drains so much battery trying to do so that the battery itself has very little charge. Another note: whenever I plug it in, the phone goes to the "M" logo and freezes. There's no way to completely turn off the thing, except to unplug it and take out the battery. So, I can't even get the bootloader to work in order to unbrick it! That's about as worse it can get.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question to you guys is... what would you do in my place? I am still intent on getting CM on this device, but I can't even fix my current state!

1) how to fix my current problem?
2) experienced rooters and rom-flashers: how to get CM9 (Android 4) on this device without bricking it again?
--- Note that I am a noob and this is my first time doing such a thing. I need ALL details!

Thank you guys sooo much for your time!






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire