User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nox4developper.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nox 4 developper: [Q] Device "soft bricked" - Help needed! topic

[Q] Device "soft bricked" - Help needed! topic






Hi guys, I was trying to flash a custom ROM for the first time onto my ASUS ME301T, as I was fairly sure ASUS was not going to update these devices anymore.

Anyway, now the device will not start. It will power on, and the first of the two ASUS start-up screens will appear (the non animated/static one). In the top corner, it reads "The Device is Unlocked" as was required when attempting to flash the 4.4.4 ROM. Beyond this, nothing happens. If I attempt to power down the device it simply reboots itself shortly after. The only way to turn it off is to insert a paperclip into the physical reset hole, or to let the device run out of battery.

Now before you tell me to go into recovery by holding power and volume down... I've tried that hundreds of times.. As well as power+vol up, although I don't know what that does. I cannot access recovery mode, as far as I know anyway. Further, the device is not detected by either of my computers (desktop or laptop, windows and mac) so I can't attempt to flash it through USB (unless there is a way to do this?).

The device does not heat up, the screen simply stays on the ASUS static logo. It doesn't power off unless I hold the button, and it quickly restarts. To provide context as to what I did to cause this issue.. It was working fine on its factory ROM, no issues, and I attempted to do another system reset to fix an issue I was having with TWRP. However, I accidentally selected the middle open, not RCK, not reset, but something like "boot into Linux" or something, I can't exactly remember. Anyway, like an idiot I freaked and powered off the device.. My guess is that this is was caused the issue?

Anyway, making this post here as this is my first time looking into/attempting to flash a device. Would appreciate some expert help before I use my tablet to prop up the books on my bookcase :D

Help me try to unbrick my tablet! (I'm not too hopeful though..)

Cheers






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire