User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nox4developper.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nox 4 developper: [Q] broken screen - rescuing data topic

[Q] broken screen - rescuing data topic






Hello,

my Nexus 4 dropped on the floor and now the touchscreen in the bottom right corner is not working anymore. This is a very unfortunate position since I am not able to press the "OK" button to unlock the lockscreen. I now want to at least save my data. USB Debugging is not enabled, so adb commands are not working :/
I googled a bit and found this thread witch the pretty much same situation:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...input-t2415195

The steps to take are described as the following:


Quote:









Read this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2266654 . only follow the parts to unlock the boot loader and flash clockworkmod custom recovery. Make sure that you flash the recovery right after unlocking (without rebooting in between) otherwise data will get wiped. )
After that boot into your newly flashed recovery and use "adb pull /data/media/" . this should copy everything on the internal sdcard of the phone.




So i did unlock the bootloader and flashed a clockwork custom recovery (6.0.4.7). I also managed to not reboot the phone between these two steps.
I was not sure what to do now as i did not know what was meant by boot into your newly flashed recovery . So i found another thread and followed these instructions

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=28

After wiping the cache in step 4 i was in a boot loop (at least it took time like an eternity) and shut down the phone manually (by pressing the Power On button a few seconds). The new bootet phone is now in a state where I have to set the language for the new clockwork custom recovery. I tried to do some adb commands (because USB Debugging should not be the problem anymore) but it did not work. I am also scared that because of my manually shutting down caused a full wipe as i read the following sentence in the latest thread:


Quote:









This no longer seems to be working if your phone is on official 4.3 (meaning you have the 4.3 bootloader). It will only give you a bootloop and then you will end up having to do a full wipe, resulting in losing your data. Only do this is you are on 4.2.




My question is now: Is all my data lost now? And if not, how can I save it / where did I go wrong?

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it!
frucade






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire