User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nox4developper.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nox 4 developper: Help with radio/modem flash for weak signal - Elephone P3000S topic

Help with radio/modem flash for weak signal - Elephone P3000S topic






Hi All,
I'm new here. Hoping someone can give me some advice/direction on my issue.

Just received two Elephone P3000S phones (one for me, one for gift). I'm in Canada on Koodo network, but don't get 4G because we are pretty rural (west of Ottawa), so we are using WCDMA/HSPA+ 850/1900 MHz.

The P3000S supports the following:
GSM:850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA:850/900/1900/2100(HSDPA), FDD-LTE:800/1800/2100/2600

At home, on our old phones (Samsung Galaxy SIIX), we would get cell signals of -93 dBm or better (not great, but usable). With the P3000S phones in the same location (both of them), the signal is -110 dBm or worse (not usable - not able to make calls or send texts). There are no protective cases on the phones to interfere with signal.

I've tried the the following:
- choosing 3G only and WCDMA only networks and editng APN settings specifically for Koodo
- changing/adding build.prop entries for ro.ril
- posting in Elephone forums - no help
- contacting Elephone - no response

The P3000S is new - just came available mid-December. Elephone has issued one update since then. It did not help my signal problem.

I know this could be a hardware/antenna issue, but since the phone is new, opening it up to tweak/boost the antenna is not really an option - a last resort if I can't sell the phones to someone who is located where they will work.

So, my next step (I think), is to try flashing a new modem, but I have no idea where to start with that to find one that might be compatible with Koodo and the P3000S. I'm willing to try several, but it's very new to me.

Relevant info:
Octacore MTK6592 + MTK6590
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband: MOLY.LR9.W1423.MD.LWTG.MP.V3.P3

I'd really appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire